Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Photo series #1


There is SO much to write about this week…I need at least until tomorrow to get my thoughts together! But in the meantime, here are some pictures to give you a taste of what’s going on here. 



Desperately seeking caffeine in the Tokyo airport, Yoni and I had to resort to what were essentially Latte juiceboxes! They seemed safer than the other popular Japanese option, hot coffee in a can. For real.


Some of you might know that soon after I found out we were coming to Japan, I read a very interesting and totally terrifying book about an American teacher's experience in rural Japan. She spent a lot of time talking about how she was constantly sorting her trash and recycling in the wrong ways. Seeing as this is an airport recycling bin (look at all those options!), I am pretty sure that she wasn't kidding about how confusing it can be!


After arriving at 10pm (2200 hours that is) on Monday evening, Yoni and I were picked up the next morning at 0845 so that he could check in with his new command. Here is the complete uniform shot...


...and here's a smile.


Our temporary lodging is on Camp Foster, but here is a shot of Camp Kinser (where the 3rd Marine Logistics Group, Yoni's command, is located). You can see the ocean in the distance, and get a sense for what things look like around here.


I absolutely could not believe they had pareve margarine in the commissary!! This bodes well for my pareve baking...and helps me to not regret the decision to ship two boxes full of TJ's chocolate chips. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment